My new favorite Christmas cookie...for the moment anyways. I love soft peanut butter cookies and then you add some chocolate and then the sweet and saltiness of the chocolate covered pretzels, heavenly!
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup your favorite peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1) Cream together butters and sugar. Beat in the eggs
2) In a separate bowl, sift together remaining ingredients.
3) Add flour mixture to butter and eggs.
4) Once combined cover and refrigerate for about an hour.
5) Roll chilled dough into 1 inch balls and place onto a baking sheet.
*For plain peanut butter cookies flatten each ball with a fork making a criss cross pattern.
*For reindeer cookies roll one 1 inch ball and one 1 1/2 inch ball per reindeer. Use the bottom of a glass to flatten the cookies and place the smaller circle onto the larger one (don't center).
6) Bake for 8-10 minutes in a 375 degree preheated oven, just until the edges begin to brown. Be careful not to overbake.
*For reindeer cookies add M&M nose, Keebler Fudge Dipped Pretzels, and mini chocolate chips for eyes immediately after taking it out of the oven. Then move to cool.
7)Move to foil or cooling rack to cool.