Friday, June 8, 2012

Medieval Themed Hats

 photo thenewbakingmemoirs_zps410cbd72.jpg
Making and prepping for 20 of each of these hats to be made for Cub Scout Day Camp has kept me quite busy for the past two weeks. And on top of that I'm watching a bunch of kids who no longer have school but don't start summer school and summer fun until next week. I thought things would have settled down around here once school finished and seminary ended, but I think I have actually been getting less sleep than I was before!! With all these hats and the craziness, you might as well call me the Mad Hatter. I may or may not have time to put together a tutorial for each of these hats but I figured I might as well put up a few pictures in case someone could use them for ideas of their own. I think the knight helmet is my favorite...
But the jester hat is a lot of fun too!


Because it induces silly faces when you are wearing it!
We also helped the boys make tunics.
I had the privileged of also helping my other sister run the station where they made peach cobbler in foil box ovens, although my main job title for the day camp was photographer...not sure how I ended up wearing so many hats...ha ha ha!
 photo thenewbakingmemoirs_zps410cbd72.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...