Wednesday, September 19, 2012

No-Bake Chocolate Oreo Cheesecake

 photo thenewbakingmemoirs_zps410cbd72.jpg
 
Begin drooling now. This one is super simple and super yummy. If you like chocolate, Oreo cookies, and cheesecake look no further because you have found your new home. I posted a picture of this bad boy a week ago on facebook and instagram and have been getting many inquiries about how I made it. So here's the recipe! I have totally been a slacker lately. 
 I really need to fix my oven. I haven't posted in a while because it's broken and you can't bake very much with a broken oven. It's a super simple fix, I just haven't gotten around to fixing it just yet. So while craving something sweet I had to get creative and think of a dessert that would require no baking. How many of you are grateful that I was having oven problems? I know my husband was with this delicious dessert as a byproduct. To no-bake cheesecake and my broken oven!

For the Crust:
20 whole Oreo cookies (crushed in a food processor)
1/4 Cup of melted butter or margarine 

1)Combine crushed cookies and melted butter. 
2)Press the mixture at the bottom of a 10 inch deep dish pie pan.
3)Refrigerate for about an hour to prevent crumbling when serving.

Oreo Cheesecake Layer:
2 packages of 8 oz. cream cheese
1 Cup of sugar
8 oz tub of whipped cream
10 whole Oreo cookies (crushed in a food processor)

1)Cream together cream cheese and sugar
2)Whip in the whipped cream
3)Fold in the cookies
4)Spread mixture over chilled Oreo cookie crust.
*If you'd like you could stop here, chill for about an hour and have a basic no-bake Oreo cheesecake.

Chocolate Layer:
16 oz. tub of whipped cream
3.4 oz box of instant chocolate pudding mix

1)Whip together the whipped cream and pudding mix
2)Spread mixture over cheesecake layer
3)chill for about an hour to let everything set nicely.
*My husband is not a huge cheesecake fan. He loves this recipe, however he loves to eat it with the cheesecake layer omitted even more! If you choose to do this you really only need to let it refrigerate for 20 minutes before enjoying.

There you have it, go ahead and indulge!

*Double the crust recipe to make 24 cupcake size cheesecakes. 

 photo thenewbakingmemoirs_zps410cbd72.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...