Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Chocolate Peanut Butter Patties

 photo thenewbakingmemoirs_zps410cbd72.jpg

So it's that time of the year again, cub scout popcorn time of course. It is the cub scout equivalent of girl scout cookies. And seeing all of these young men selling popcorn has really got me craving some Tagalongs. But the time to buy Girl Scout cookies has past; what's a girl to do? Well since the girl is me, she decides to try and make her own. Now I didn't want to over complicate things so I cheated a little with this one. Instead of trying to figure out how to make the cookie part I just used Ritz crackers. I wasn't sure if it would turn out, but they are perfect to satisfy my craving and super simple too.

Who doesn't love peanut butter, chocolate, and simple?

Ingredients:
-A sleeve of Ritz crackers
-14oz. Chocolate melts
-creamy peanut butter

Directions:
1) Spread peanut butter on one side of each Ritz cracker
2) Melt your chocolate according to the directions on package
3) Dip peanut buttered crackers in melted chocolate until completely covered
4) Tap off excess chocolate and put chocolate covered cracker on wax paper
5) Wait until your chocolate hardens
6) Enjoy!

You can eat them at room temperature or chill them. I like to put an entire container into the refrigerator and eat one at a time to pace myself. However I do end up making a lot more trips to the refrigerator than normal ...
   photo thenewbakingmemoirs_zps410cbd72.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...