Monday, January 16, 2012

Nutella Chocolate Glaze Recipe

 photo thenewbakingmemoirs_zps410cbd72.jpg
I'm back! I promise I haven't given up on baking, I just somehow managed to gain about 5 pounds over the holidays and wouldn't allow myself to bake anything until I got them off. Happy to report mission accomplished! Now back to the baking and blogging. Every year at church  we have a ward dinner where the men have a dessert challenge. They compete for bragging rights to see who can come up with the best dessert. The only qualification is that they have to make it (not their wives). It's a lot of fun and they end up coming up with some pretty awesome desserts too! Sione doesn't really care if he wins but when it comes to sharing an awesome dessert I have a hard time passing up the opportunity.


Since he knows how to make cream puffs and I've been craving them, I told him he should make cream puffs. "Sione knows how to make cream puffs?" you may be asking yourself if you know him, but we'll go more into that story in my next post....Now back to the Nutella Chocolate Glaze. When we make cream puffs we usually dust them with powdered sugar, but there are bragging rights at stake here. I was brainstorming ways he could kick the dessert up a notch. And there it was staring me right in the face, a nice bottle of Nutella. How about we drizzle those delectable little puffs of yumminess with some Nutella Chocolate Glaze! So off I went to figure out how to make a drizzle worthy of marrying its tastiness to the scrumptiousness that is a cream puff made at home. Here's what I came up with:

Nutella Chocolate Glaze Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1/4 C.  heavy cream
  • 1/4 C.  confectioner's sugar
  • 1 T. Nutella
Directions:

Just combine and whisk the ingredients together until it is silky and smooth. Then pour drizzle it onto what ever your Nutella loving heart desires.

My next mission will be discovering new things to pour drizzle this glaze onto...perhaps bananas, pumpkin bread, my fingers...(don't deny it, I know you were thinking it too)!
   photo thenewbakingmemoirs_zps410cbd72.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Oh my soul this looks amazing! I do have a soft spot for Nutella though ;) Just wanted to stop by and thank you for joining the blog hop. Looking forward to more of your yummy recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...