Friday, July 29, 2011

Tropical Banana Cream Cupcakes with Pineapple Buttercream

Semi-homemade Banana Cream Cupcakes topped with Pineapple Buttercream Frosting and garnished with some shredded salted pineapple. I think I'll pour myself a strawberry virgin margarita and enjoy my last few days of summer!
I felt like trying something a little different and fun after watching an episode of Cupcake Wars and decided to make these. The cupcake batter is very similar to my Chocolate Overload Cupcakes. There are just a few minor alterations. Instead of chocolate box cake mix I used a white cake mix and instead of the chocolate pudding mix, use a 3.9oz package of instant banana cream pudding. Lastly subtract the chocolate chips and there you have it, a beautiful light and airy banana cream cupcake!
For the frosting I made a basic buttercream (all butter, no shortening) added a Tbs. of pineapple juice, some finely chopped pineapple and a few pinches of salt.
I am from Hawaii, so I don't think that just because something has pineapples in it make it "Hawaiian," but I must say these cupcakes are a tropical delight! 
 photo thenewbakingmemoirs_zps410cbd72.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...