Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Simple Semi-homemade Peach Cobbler
I enjoy mine with a scoop of butter pecan ice cream, and if I really want to take it to the next level, I'd add some caramel and whipped cream....and an early morning run the next day to top it all off!
1 box yellow cake mix
1 8 oz. package cream cheese
2 cans (15 oz) peaches
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
1/3 cup all purpose flour
1) Blend together cake mix, cream cheese, butter, and brown sugar.
2) Spread about 1/3 of the cake mixture on the bottom of a cake pan
3) Drain one can of peaches and pour both cans of peaches over cake mixture.
4) Spoon drop all but about 3/4 cup of the cake mixture over the peaches.
5) Add cinnamon, nutmeg, and flour to remaining cake mixture. It should be crumbly.
6) Sprinkle crumble mixture onto the top.
7) Bake in a preheated 425 degree oven for about 20 minutes.