Friday, October 21, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes

 photo thenewbakingmemoirs_zps410cbd72.jpg
It's Fall, and even though I live on an island and don't really get to experience the different seasons I still get excited about the different holiday flavors! That's why I decided today would be the perfect opportunity to test out a pumpkin cupcake recipe that I have been playing around with in my head. I have literally been dreaming about this one all week and needed to bake it in the waking so I'd stop the crazy dreams! I was quite relieved when nothing crazy happened in the process of baking these up like they did in my dreams. They turned out nice and moist and dense and went great with my super simple vanilla maple cinnamon frosting. Yum!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
  • 3/4 c. pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 c. butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 3/4 c. milk
Directions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream together the sugar, pumpkin pie spice, and butter. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Then stir in vanilla.
  3. Combine flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and add to the creamed mixture. Mix well for about 5 minutes with a mixer.
  4. Finally stir in the milk.
  5. Fill cupcake liners a little more than 3/4 full.
  6. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
Makes about 15 cupcakes.
 photo thenewbakingmemoirs_zps410cbd72.jpg

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...